Looking for an alternative for the Pro Micro that has a USB port that won't break off so easily? Or maybe you want something with the DFU bootloader already loaded onto it? Great, then the Elite-C is for you!
Elite-C v3.1 Updates:
- Fixes issue with Schottky diode as noted in this post
- Black soldermask instead of blue
- Blue LED
- Shorter reset button
Elite-C v2 + v3 Features:
- Added castellated holes to PCB. For use with low profile builds moving forward; does not affect compatibility whatsoever. :-D
- Now has LED connected to VCC to indicate if Elite-C is receiving power
- Fuse added to prevent overcurrent from damaging the Schottky diode and microcontroller
- Compatible with all Pro Micro-based PCBs
- USB-C port that can’t be ripped off
- ATmega32u4 controller
- DFU bootloader
- 6 additional ATmega32u4 pins and USB pins broken out
- On-board reset button (you can still use the reset button on the keyboard PCB if it has one)
- 1.0mm thick PCB for slimmer profile (don’t worry, it’s still very solid and doesn’t flex)
- Comes with two 12-pin headers and one 5-pin header
- Total of 24 I/O pins to work with (6 more than the Pro Micro)
Can I use this on just the master half of a board and use the cheaper Pro Micro on the slave?
Yes! You can do this without any problems, just remember that the Pro Micro half is flashed using :avrdude, and the Elite-C half is flashed using :dfu.
Detection issues in QMK Toolbox:
See info on installing the correct DFU driver using Zadig by clicking here.